If the pillow requires a deep cleaning, then follow this process:
- Fill up a bucket or bathtub (big enough to fit in the pillow) with lukewarm water and add some gentle detergent. Also, add a drop of lavender oil, this will leave the pillow smelling fresh.
- Once the detergent is dissolved completely in the water, take out the knit cover from the pillow. Gently sink the pillow under the bathtub/bucket. Squeeze the form for the cleaning purpose to penetrate through it.
- Drain out the foamy water and fill the bucket/bathtub again with clean water. Persist this until all the soap or dirt is cleaned from the pillow and the water becomes clean.
- Now, gently squeeze the pillow to take out excess water. You needn’t rigorously squeeze or twist the foam.
- Now, keep the pillows for air drying. It is good to keep in sunlight directly or leave it under a ceiling fan.
Note: Don’t place in the dryer as the high heat can damage the foam.
- If required, spray a few drops of lavender oil to smell better.
- Allow the pillows to dry properly on one side then flip it over, and ensure it is also dry completely on the other side. This process might take some time, but let the pillows dry completely for total protection.
- It is always safe to change your pillowcase regularly as you don’t clean your pillow so often as your pillowcase. In case you are not feeling well, it is good to clean the memory foam pillow properly. Otherwise, it is appropriate to wash in every two months.
While washing the bed sheet and pillowcase via the washing machine, spray some baking soda over the memory foam pillow then leave the pillow in the sun for an hour or two. The baking soda and sunlight can revitalize the pillow, take in the fragrance, thus, making it fresh.
Source: https://goo.gl/wuUWRT »